The Mayor’s Construction Academy (MCA) aims to build a talent pipeline of workers, equipped with the skills to get good jobs in the construction sector.
Funded by a grant from the GLA, the SLP boroughs of Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond and Sutton, along with neighbouring borough Wandsworth have joined forces to create an MCA Hub. The Hub will work with construction employers to help find new job, apprenticeship and work experience opportunities for residents and work with training providers to make sure that residents have the right training to get the jobs.
The Hub will:
- facilitate and help design employer led training initiatives along with pre-employment services, to better equip individuals and prepare them for the world of work
- work with key training providers to be able to offer the best short and long courses, aimed at getting people into apprenticeships or jobs on completion of the course
- bring together experts from the construction industry to offer advice, training and employment opportunities and who will help shape the Hub programmes
- identify and develop face-to-face and virtual work opportunities in construction
- develop initiatives that support sustainable development which will include a ‘Reuse and Recycle’ programme programme to reduce wastage in the construction sector
- seek to diversify the construction workforce, with a specific focus on increasing the number of women and people from ethnic minority backgrounds in the sector.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org