The South London Partnership (SLP) invites all businesses to participate in this event.
Date: Wednesday 28 February 2018 Time: 12.30pm – 3.00pm
Venue: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London Kingston Upon Thames, 1 Skerne Road, Kingston Upon Thames, KT2 5FJ
Registration details: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/south-london-partnership-skills-for-south-londoners-building-a-fit-for-purpose-workforce-tickets-42862040517
Everyone knows that recruiting, retaining and developing workforce is key to the success of any business … but …
- Can you find the right recruits – with the skills, attitudes and experience to bring a boost to your company quickly?
- Do you know what is on offer from local colleges and skills providers to help develop and retrain your current staff to adapt to change and build your productivity?
- Is the skills system in South London providing what you need to support effective investment in your workforce development – through apprenticeships or other training opportunities?
In London, there are changes coming to the technical and vocational skills system. Responsibility for commissioning 19 years+ publicly funded provision will be devolved to the Mayor from 2019, who will work closely with sub-regional partnerships of boroughs and other stakeholders. The South London Partnership wants to ensure that the skills system in our area is much more responsive to the needs of our residents and employers.
We have been working together, and with businesses and partners, to start to better understand our main skills needs and what opportunities we have to start to address these. This is vital to enable us to play our role in securing what South London needs from the devolved skills system. And while commissioning will be an important lever in this, we are also clear that much could be done by closer working between businesses, boroughs and providers to address challenges and opportunities we face now and in the future.
The launch is an opportunity to bring together partners across the area to:
- learn about and continue to build our understanding of skills needs
- get your input into shaping our priority areas for action
- start building coalitions for action to deliver a skills offer that is more responsive to business needs
- meet and network with other businesses, local authorities and skills providers
For further details please contact Priya Samuel, Partnerships Officer email: Priya.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0208 831 6194
Join us in the Twitter conversation: @SouthLonP #SkillsforSouthLondoners