Welcome to the South London Partnership
The South London Partnership is a sub-regional collaboration of five London boroughs: Croydon, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Sutton.
Long-standing joint working between the boroughs was strengthened in 2015 with a refreshed political commitment, focused on the triple goals of:
- shaping sustainable growth
- securing devolution to unlock opportunities
- driving efficiency
In May 2015, the boroughs also formed a statutory Joint Committee through which to do business together where more formal arrangements are needed.
The SLP's priorities for 2016/17 include:
- establishing a compelling growth proposition and securing deals with a new London Mayor and government, as well as strong partnerships with local and neighbouring partners,to help us unlock sustainable growth
- helping to improve residents skills through joint working with our further education colleges, using the Area Based Review and the opportunities for skills devolution in London
- developing the devolution of employment support in London, working with other sub-regions, London Councils and the GLA
- establishing a new sub-regional collaboration with the NHS to improve health and care outcomes and address the financial sustainability and quality of services
In April 2016, SLP published Distinctly South London - A Prospectus for Growth. Read it here.
For further information, contact us.