The South London Partnership’s Growth Proposition identifies the priorities that the Partnership will focus on in the next few years- and is an invitation to others to work with us to unlock the economic potential of South London.
Our priorities for collective action to address these constraints and enhance the economic potential of South London on the national and world stage are:
1. A Programme for Economic Growth – SLP will bring together businesses from key sectors (tech, life sciences and sports sciences), with research and education providers and other partners to develop a programme of work to support economic growth.
2. Skills for Jobs – SLP will seek devolution of skills commissioning to enable us to better meet business needs and strengthen the pathways through education and learning into jobs. (link to Skills page)
3. Making the Links – securing investment in transport infrastructure and improvements in services to address congestion, link workers to jobs and maximise the potential of our location, and secure the wider infrastructure to support growth.
4. More than the Sum of the Parts – establishing new ways of working with business and other partners to maximise the potential of sub-regional growth sectors and to attract inward investment and tourism. Our goal is a sub-regional LEP (Local Economic Partnership) with funding to support this. We will also seek opportunities to use our business strengths to improve public services.
5. Making Best Use of our Space – protecting and enhancing land for jobs, while securing affordable housing to support our growing economy, including through collaborating on opportunity areas as the focuses for development and unlocking public estate.